1

jonnyhicks
73

ipad 2 Dock connector issues

Hi all

I hope someone can help with my unusual issue. A customer has brought me their ipad 2 to repair the dock as it wasn't charging. The first time I decided to let the battery fully discharge. The charger was instantly recognised and the ipad charged to just 96%. The charger was then unrecognised and the device was also not recognised in itunes. Since then the ipad recognises the charger when fully discharged but only charges to 1%. I have entered dfu mode and tried charging in and attempted a restore in itunes. I am just going through a viscious cycle however because the dock is only recognised when fully discharged and itunes will only recognise the device when charged but it will only charge to 1% not enough to do a restore. Is this just a faulty dock connector?

Thanks in advance

Jonny

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Sam Lionheart ( )

Hi guys Thanks for your input. It was just a faulty dock connector in the end. A replacement corrected the fault. What was confusing me though was that it worked whilst the battery was drained!

jonnyhicks,

I am having what sounds like it could be similar problems, I have asked a question here http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/13721... I have a new connector coming in the next couple of days. Judging by the symptoms here it sounds like it might do :)

Jamie Drumlake,

0

Vincent Monteil

At 1st, you may notice that all the cables and docks are not supposed to charge your device. Ensure to use the right one. Don't forget that your USB port must be a powered USB port to charge some iPad.

if your problem persists, you may try replacing the dock (connectors are mabe endamaged) or the logical board.

Hope I helped you !

Give us some feedback

0

Brendan Mills
355

It sounds like the dock connector has had it, if you are reluctant to change the dock connector first try cleaning it.

I would recommend some isopropyl alcohol and a small tooth pick of some type, sock the pick and then carefully clean each pin with the iPad turned off that is.

If this hasn't worked then you are faced with replacing the dock connector. This guide should help you through the replacement iPad 2 Wi-Fi EMC 2415 Dock Connector Replacement

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Brendan Mills