0

FixitDoc
11

What are the possible causes for this hardware failure?

My ipad isn't recognized by any PC, it's just shown up as an Unknown Device in the device manager ...

I did all the possible solutions either from google or apple support .

so I went to apple store and they said it's a hardware failure, and my warranty was expired so they did nothing.

So my question is:

- Can anyone tell me what hardware failure can do this problem ? (is it the dock connector or the logic board or what ????)

Thanks any way.

Not much to go on here. Did you drop it or get it wet some how? These are to most common causes of hardware failure. If you haven't damaged your iPad in some way, things can just breakdown.

Dan,

0

gizmo4sal3

I would certainly try a replacement dock connector. If you have tried different cords and different computers and none will recognize it correctly then my next guess would be the dock. I fix iPhones and other apple products for a living and we do see a lot of problems caused by dock connectors going bad. Should be a cheap part. Only difficult part is the labor. There are guides here that will show you how to open it up.

Hope this helps!