1

mt5550
13

What causes backlight on ipad mini

I took apart a new iPad mini without turning it on. I disconnected the battery cable, lcd and digitizer. When I reconnected everything, battery last, I had a backlight problem. What caused the backlight fuse to blow?

Edited by: David Hodson ( )

Have same problem :(

Dave,

1

Craig

With the ipad mini you have to unplug and replug the battery in after every time you remove the lcd. The backlight will not work without doing this. This happened to me on the first one I worked on.

Edited by: Craig ( )

0

valkyrie455
413

I have a board with the same issue, i dont know what causes the fuse to blow but maybe this will help get your backlight working correctly.

http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/12680...

0

Merkin
31

make sure everything is plugged in but the battery make sure it has no power the wait a sec then plug in the battery and power it on. the mini has less filters for the back light so a hard reset wont work. if that dont work you burned a filter

0

jessabethany

from your question it's not clear what order you disconnected the components---but the battery must be disconnected first.

My understanding is that if you pull the LCD connector before disconnecting the battery, that creates a sudden drop in voltage which will correspond to a sudden increase in amperage which blows the filter. I know that you mentioned that you didn't have the iPad powered on, but in the work of removing the screen, you may have pressed the power button at some point?

jessa