1

kanobe
23

Forgot password and unable to log into the laptop

Dell has a hardware lock but I have forgotten the password for my log in.

Any1 know how to bypass this?

Not possible, without passing this, I cannot even access the BIOS screen to select boot to CD or such.

Thanks for the response, still.

Thks... still not able to resolve, it ok, I think I send it back to Dell...

Edited by: kanobe ( )

2

Nick

You should be able to do a "repair install" and if that dosent work you have to clean install

I dont of any other way

update

heres a link

but you have to do ALOT of disasembly and it may not work!

update

heres directions on resetting in safe mode if the battery fails

Hold F8 as the computer boots before the os boots and then select Safe Mode option (not the others) The computer will boot up from here, but there should be an additional "Administrator" account. Log in to this account (There shouldn't be a password, but if there is, try "admin") and navigate to the User account panel in control panel. From there, select your account name, and select the "Remove Password" option

this will get you in again

Edited by: Nick ( )

8

bigthomas
169

If you forgot BIOS password, you can remove the CMOS battery or use a backdoor password. click here

If you forgot the system password, you can reset the password by creating a reset disk with third party software. click here

Edited by: bigthomas ( )

7

rj713

more nice research +

mayer,

Here is the info from Dell on how to remove the battery. Ralph http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy...

rj713,

1

Chris Green

To reset the password in windows, you will first need to boot the computer into safe mode. Hold F8 as the computer boots (Before the OS loading screen) and select the "Safe Mode" option (Not "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" or "Safe Mode With Networking") The computer should then boot up, but there should be an additional "Administrator" account. Log in to this account (There shouldn't be a password, but if there is, try "admin") and navigate to the User account panel in control panel. From there, select your account name, and select the "Remove Password" option. This should clear the password for your account. Shut the computer down, and reboot like normal. Your account should have no password.

0

twopuppiespeeing
13

open the case and remove the small battery for a minute. that should unlock your computer. Hope this helps

0

Helen7
1

Forgot laptop password? I think you can use a tool called SmartKey Windows Password Recovery 6.0. It is an excellent Windows password recovery prorgram I have seen and it has recovered my Windows password successfully.

0

badrulule
1

I forgot my password. What can i do?

0

david chase
133

If you want to keep your OS and data safe then they best way to fix this issue by taking the motherboard backup battery out and put it back using following steps:

You need to open the lower black panel apart for this you can follow the online YouTube tutorials. Once panel is taken apart then you will see a small battery cell connected with 2 red and black wires via jack. Take this jack off to disconnect the battery for about 10 mins then put it back and try turning on your pc. This shall reset your BIOS passwords etc and then you would be able to login in to your PC.

0

Javontae Lopez
1

i Kant log on to my inc password

0

benying
1

I have ever reset my forgotten Dell password by using Windows Password Reset Tool.

0

no way
97

no matter what laptop it is

there is software to reset passwords as standard

there are some article for different laptops on this website

http://www.forgotcomputerpassword.com/

maybe helpful

0

jimmy
1

Trying to re-format my laptop but can;t remember admin password, on re-format screen.

get as far as admin name then asks for password then thats it can't go on to next stage.

hope you can help. Jimmy

0

Araya Wilson
1

If you reset the computer and turn it off when trying to turn on. when you turn it on agen, a error message will pop up alowing you to mess with the fills. try net user(user name here) *. then you will be asked the password. press enter twice the go to login.even if you type in the correct password, it will not work. just press login or the arrow. Do not press enter! find and change the password when you can. it will not ask you for the password to change it. normaly it does. you shold change it because if you dont when you log out, you wil lhave to do all of this agen.

This Month: 2,654