1

californiaxfresh
23

iPhone 4S battery connector bypass

so my iphone keeps rebooting after 3/ mins when connected to a wall outlet. Ive replaced the battery and dock connector but now im looking to make a bypass because i believe it is the battery terminal that is faulty. from where to where would i need to solder the wires?

Edited by: californiaxfresh ( )

Unfortunately old turkey... The job failed. I accidentally ripped off the battery connector off the board and now one of the gold pins is missing from there. So now I'm calling the quits haha. Anyways I hope apple will still accept my iPhone as an out of warranty device for 200$. Thanks for all your help though man, I don't know what to say :)

californiaxfresh,

Darn, I am sorry about that. You don't think you could fix the solder pad? Sometimes, we all have to cash in our chips and call it quits....I do wish you better luck next time.

3

californiaxfresh, see if this is going to help you :)

thanks old turkey :) what type of wire would you recommend for the job?

californiaxfresh,

I would use a single strand copper of copper wire. Whenever I need to do a similar job, I use the wire from a transformer coil :-)

Looks like somebody did not like my answer. Thanks for the downvote :-(

californiaxfresh, thank you for accepting my answer. Best of luck to you

do we solder the 2nd gold pin to 2 areas? and for gold pin 3, are we soldering to both of the silver pins? thanks turkey!

californiaxfresh,

0

jessabethany

Lots of great information here, but having solved a number of these cases I'd just like to add:

1.) It is NOT connect the dots---the line represents the underlying continuity that is present in the original. If you have ripped off a pad, all you need to do is build a thin wire jumper to restore continuity from the pin/pad to the right line---not re-create a whole new trace on top of the board.

2.) It is probably not a good idea to have exposed jumpers on the vBatt line unprotected in a phone that you are holding near your face. but that's just an opinion.

3.) The four capacitors are non-essential (from experience). You can get away with knocking them off and not notice any defect.

4.) The two resistors are essential---continuity requires you a path through them. If they are gone, you must make a thin wire jumper to connect their two pads.

5.) The most important thing is continuity. Just test from the battery connector pin to the end of the line and see if you get a beep with your multimeter set on continuity testing. If yes, you're done. If no, you have a mistake.

6.) The battery connector itself should never not have continuity between pin 1 and pin 4--if it does, you have an internal short in the phone and this is the reason you're phone won't boot.

and lastly---

if you get in trouble and need a DIY rescue service, feel free to give me shout via my profile.

Jessa

0

Jamesfilms
1

oldturkey, I am missing pad 2. What confuses me is I am not sure if I am supposed to solder pin 2, to the gold test point ONLY. Or am I supposed to solder pin 2 to the test point and the 2 capacitors? Can I just solder to the test point? Can I just solder to the top of the first capacitor from the 2nd pin? or do I need to solder from pin 2 to the first and second capacitors and to the test point?

Yes you can use the test point. the issue with the little caps and resistor is just to provide continuity within the circuit. you have to have continuity on the second and third little components (counted from left to right) those are needed resistors. The 1st and 4th are capacitors and could be bridged, but will be needed to close the circuit. Hope this clarifies it a bit better. Do feel free to email me with further question. My email is in my profile. That way we will not use this answer section as comments and confuse any issues on a one year old question:-)

0

jenna oglesby
1

How can I solder 2wires to the bottom of 4s battery to attach it to a goophone plz