0

Robert
1

Strange battery icon on screen

I plugged the device into my Mac os 10.5.8. iTunes does not recognize the device. There's a strange battery icon on the display. Towards the back of the battery is a black shape with a white zig-zag line through it. the front end of the battery icon is clear. I have looked through the manual but have seen nothing like the problem I have. One more thing. Occasionally, the Apple logo flashes, then the screen displays the strange battery icon.

I have the same problem with the mini. Now I plugged the mini into my PC. It was recognized and appears to be charging. Maybe I should do the same with the other iPod. I'd still like to hear from anyone who can help. If things work out I send a message

Thanks,

Robert

Edited by: Sam Lionheart ( ) , Robert ( )

0

Robert, if this

is the icon you get,then this is what is going on. "For some iPod models, if your battery has been fully or nearly discharged, a monochrome non-animated version of the battery icon, shown above, appears on the screen when connected to your computer's USB port (even with a color display). In this state, the iPod will not be able to communicate with your computer." from here. Charge your iPod, preferably use a Firewire adapter and see what you get. It is of course possible that your battery is depleted and no longer holds a charge. You may need to replace it. If this is not an iPod 4th gen let us know so we can make amends to this answer. Hope this helps, good luck.