1

Trina Cody
13

Why is my screen very dark?

My Ipod got wet and I put it in rice for about a week. I then plugged it in to charge and the screen flashed and went dark. Now it will come on sometimes and then all of a sudden go very dark. If you hold a flash light to it you can see that it is working fine but the screen has no light at all. How can I fix this?

many thanks!

1

Trina Cody, the first thing I would suggest, is that you clean you iPod properly. It is possible that the error is caused by corrosion damage (bad backlight). Use this guide to clean it. It was written for a iPhone, but all the points do apply to your iPod as well. You can use these guides to work on your iPod. Once you get it cleaned, replace the battery, reassemble and re-evaluate. It is possible that you may need either a new LCD (make sure that you cleaned the connectors as well) or replace the coil on the logic board. Hope this helps, good luck.

0

Beria
1

Probably because you didnt look at the settings. There is a brightness settting in settings.

0

Admin
1

I have the same exact problem with the same exact scenario. My IPod is 4th gen, it is barley visible and i cant restore it! But thats what they said to do to fix it. Hope this helped.