0

chantee hunt
11

What is error -1

i recently got my phone changed to orange in colour both front and back.. getting it back i had to restore it. connected it to iTunes and attempted the restore but failed. once the loading bar under the apple icon on the iPhone was full while restoring, it came up as unable to restore. unknown error (-1). does anybody know how i can fix this and how it happened?

Edited by: chantee hunt ( )

I've tried but it still wont restore?

chantee hunt,

1

SIMRAN
4k

-1 Error of Hardware failure . it actually comes when Baseband (IMEI) of the IPhone corrupted . you have no option rather than replacing the iphone or Change the logic board inside. if you are using the mac then connect the phone in recovery mode and go to system profiler and then go to usb then select the iphone .this will show the serial number there . if the serial number show ffffffffffffffff like this then change the phone . otherwise we can try to recover the iphone .

where do i find system profiler? also, is changing the logic board expensive?

chantee hunt,

yes it cost approx near to phone itself. so buy the new phone or visit the apple service centre to replace it . it will cost approx 200$ . if your are using mac then press the shift+command +u. then you see the utilites folder, open the system information . choose the usb inside then iphone . after selecting you will see the iphone information

SIMRAN,

0

elgago
1

try restoring it in dfu mode

0

Mitch Rush

error code 1 is a modification code, I have only seen this code when a phone has been jailbroke and not for hardware mods, but I have had some bad luck with color conversion kits, they look real good and I have done this to my I 4 but I have installed many that never worked right out of the box, I caution people on this Mod as the parts are generic and a slight risk with your money, Do I think the color Mod caused your problem ? I dont know, but I would reinstall the factory parts and see if that takes care of it.

0

No idea
1

Did you fix your error? I have come across the same error and would like to know how you fixed it.

This is a Hardware problem. when you remove the shield of Bottom side under the Charging jack. This is actually a problem of supply to Baseband Chip or either baseband is faulty. Beside the baseband chip there is a Golden crystal ic who supply the power to baseband . main this could be the reason .

SIMRAN,

0

kawal
1

hi I am having same problem with my iphone4 caused due to changing the body colour but I am having the serial no. of my phone please help me to fix it thank you.....

this is not the reason of issue . during changing the parts you done something wrong to logic board thats why it giving the error during restore. Take the Logic board out from the phone and connect the good battery and charging jack then try to restore the phone without any other thing . check out the error now . if same problem then it is a logic board issue otherwise something other part malfunctions .

SIMRAN,

0

mattis
31

@SIMRAN I've this information from my iPhone 5 from the usb

Apple Mobile Device (Recovery Mode):

Product ID: 0x1281

Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)

Version: 0.00

Serial Number: CPID:8950 CPRV:20 CPFM:03 SCEP:10 BDID:02 ECID:0000032AB4084D29 IBFL:1B SRNM:[C34JW9CHDTWF]

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Apple Inc.

Location ID: 0x26210000 / 5

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 400

Is this fixable?

Got error 1 after i tried to update...

thx for your reply