0

Sherif
1

How to kick iPhone out of recovery mode?

I have a huge problem, my 4S was on iOS 5.1.1, jailbroken, it worked fine for a few months, till one day I left it charging through the night, woke up to find the phone stuck on "searching", after extensive search on the internet I upgraded to iOS 6.0.1, this fixed my problem, for a couple of weeks, after that, the phone did this again, "searching" I tried restore, it gives me error -1, in the about section, I can't see my IMEI no, and my Modem firmware is blank.

I figured there's something wrong with the baseband chip, but then I tried restoring via redsn0w to iOS 6.0.1 and after the restore the phone worked again, I restored my phone 23 times since then, but out of those only 3 were successful in getting back my signal, and then I lose it again if I charge my phone via charger or PC. if the baseband chip is damaged then how come it works? it's version is 3.0.4 i think. please help as now I'm stuck in recovery mode and keep getting error -1 after the phone reaches the final step in the update "updating iphone baseband"

1

sebastianoberetta
13

Error -1

Error occurs when one uses the "last ditch" method for preventing baseband updates on the iPhone 4. The baseband does not get updated using this method. Use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of Recovery Mode.

Have a look here:

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?...

Hi Sherif,

wold like to help, but have too few information on your system set up. Need to know are you under Mac osx or Windows? Have you jailbroken your device before? What iOS are u under? Could u give us your Consolle restore messages?

Edited by: sebastianoberetta ( )

I tried Exit recovery on the latest version of tiny umbrella, it restarts the phone and goes back to recovery mode. so I followed the instructions and got the phone into DFU mode and clicked fix recovery but nothing happens after that. how long should it take? because I'm getting no response from the iPhone, also this is an iPhone 4S if that helps

Sherif,

1

Erialderry
13

I know a free and safe tool that can help you kick out of recovery mode with one click without iTunes. No need of home/lock button, only with one click, you can enter and exit iPhone recovery mode.

0

Josh
219

http://www.iphone4jailbreak.org/recboot-...

Try this REcBoot utility. I have gotten out of iPhone 4 recover loop before but not sure with 4s.

0

david chase
133

The best way to kick it out from recovery mode is to use tinyumbrella or snowbreez. If the problem still persist then you may need to restore your phone by getting into DFU mode.

Heres a link to TinyUmbrella. Are you sure it's the best answer here? Did you not read through some of the answers offered already?

Dan,

0

Dave s
1

NOTHING they are telling you is true tiny umbrella a crock im gonna be straight up with you guys getting out of dmu mode or (recovery mode) is very simple the same way you got in it hold down the power button and home button for 5 seconds release the power hold home down... TADA youll see the apple boot logo your in thats it. hope this helps.

Thanks,

INCOGNITO

0

zlhdglad
1

Follow these steps to recover deleted pictures from Android HTC phone:

First: Don't take any new photos or copy anything new to your phone.

Second download a program called Android Data Recovery and install it.

Plug your phone it using USB transfer mode (Not Kies or MTP), this is found in settings.

Third once you can see the phones HDD as a removable HDD in windows explorer (i.e. drivers have finished installing) Start up recuva. Be sure to restore to a different HDD. E.G. restore to C:, NOT your phone!

0

weddyr1
1

Here, this article sends you an secure and convenient way to fix your "iPhone stuck in recovery mode" problem. You just need to make your iPhone out of recovery mode in one click.

Deal with "iPhone stuck in recovery mode" on Windows/Mac OS

1. Download and install iPhone Data Recovery, and then run it on your computer.

2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a digital USB cable and scan.

3. When your iPhone detected by iPhone Data Recovery, it will show you a wnidow below.

Just get more details from here:

How to kick iPhone out of Recovery Mode

0

Mister
1

You might want to check out this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/537...

I'm having a similar issue, I believe the unknown error 3 and -1 are essentially the same thing (base band issue).

Good luck.

0

Jacquelindarey
1

If your iPhone is in recovery mode you have no choice but to restore it. All the data on it is already lost if it is in recovery mode, you will have to restore it and when setting it up again at the end of the restore process your phone will restart and you will have to set it up again as you did when it was new.

In the process you will be given the option to restore it from and iTunes or iCloud backup. If you have been backing up to iCloud choose that (be sure to plug your phone in to a wall charger as this will take hours to complete). If you haven't been backing up to iCloud choose restore from iTunes backup, then restore from the backup you created the last time you synced your phone. If it won't restore in recovery mode by connecting it to iTunes you will have to try putting it in DFU mode and you must try to kick iPhone out of recovery mode.

0

maryare
1

iPhone Data Recovery or iPhone Data Recovery (Mac)is a powerful recovery tool which enables you to recover deleted or lost data files from iPhone directly or extract to recover from iTunes/iCloud backup file easily and quickly. It’s the world's 1st data recovery software for iOS users to recover lost data including Apps data, Contacts, SMS, Photos, Video, Notes, Call history and so on up to 18 types of data from iPhone, iPad & iPod touch, including iPhone 5S/C, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPod touch 5, etc. In addition, the program can fix your iPhone stuck in recovery mode or apple logo screen.

One Click Recover iPhone DATA(contacts, sms, video, photos, call history, whatsapp data, notes and so on) http://www.iphone-ipad-recovery.blogspot...

http://recovery.webgarden.com/

Edited by: maryare ( )

0

wortsenr
1

I posted it in some other similar threads today and have had three people reply that it worked for them too, and nobody so far saying it hasn't worked with iPhone Data Recovery. And yes, everything was still on my iPad; contacts, web bookmarks, all photos, nothing was changed. It just didn't update to iOS 7. After I got it working again I just used Wi-Fi and upgraded to iOS 7 over the air with no problems, using it as I type this. If you're still stuck, trying this will not endanger anything at all on your device. Worth a try at least, and I'm guessing it'll work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Good luck!

Edited by: wortsenr ( )

0

tubbary
1

iPhone Data Recovery or iPhone Data Recovery(Mac) is an all-in-one solution that helping you to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode or Apple logo screen, and recover your lost data with the professional application, even after update to iOS 7 or jailbreak iPhone on iOS 7. The program is 100% reliable and complete applys to iPhone 5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS, iPad Air, iPad mini, the new iPad and more.

Step 1: Fix the Problem with iPhone Data Recovery

Step 2: Recover Data from your iPhone Directly

Step 3: Recover Lost Data from iTunes Backup

I hope that will give a help.

Read more:

How to Regain Lost or Deleted Contacts, Messages, App Data on iPhone, iPad and iPod

http://www.vistomg.com/html/2014/iDR_022...

Edited by: tubbary ( )

0

huanghaiyan
1

If your iPhone stuck in recovery mode, just simple click can solve the issue. Have a try of iPhone/iPad/iPod Recovery for iOS (Windows), or iPhone/iPad/iPod Recovery (Mac), you can make your iPhone out of recovery mode at once.http://www.iphone-ipad-recovery.com/solv...

This Month: 1,354