0

Jean Baptiste
1

change a hard drive on MacBook family

I need change a hard drive on my mac book family, but I don't how made it.

I need help for open the box.

thank for help

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Dan ( )

JEan - can you give us the last four digits of your serial number so we can correctly identify which system you have and get you to the correct iFixIt guide.

Dan,

hello Dan and thank for you quick response. My serial number is 4h6421ysu9c. thank again. Bonjour Dan, Merci pour votre réponse si rapide. Mon numéro de série est 4h6421ysu9c. Merci encore.

Jean Baptiste,

Model - A1181, Intel Core Duo T2500 2GHz, RAM - PC2-5300 DDR2 with 512MB installed Max 2GB. Storage - 667MHzSATA-II (1.5Gb/s) HD I/O with a 60GB HD installed.

Dan,

0

Dan

HEre's the IFixIt guide on how to replace your HD HD replacement. Most of the current drives now are SATA-III I/O make sure to check to see if they can be reset to SATA-II via a jumper, otherwise you will have problems.

You may want to also upgrade your memory if you still have only 512MB installed. Here's the guide to do that Upgrading RAM memory