An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Wexford CT-166TF Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will highlight some of the common problems users have encountered with this device.
- Make sure the device is properly plugged into a working outlet
- Check the settings knob to see if it is currently turned to the “OFF” setting
- If wires are exposed use electrical tape to mend the plastic casing around it
- Make sure the “Oscillate” switch is switched to “I” and not “O”
- Look between the fan and stand and remove any obstructions
- Remove any obstructions on the exterior of the fan that prevent oscillation
- Check the back of the fan and make sure the screws between both casing pieces are tightly secured
- Turn the knob to a higher setting
- Remove any obstructions between the fan’s screen
- Remove any obstruction in front of the fan
- Remove any obstructions between the bottom of the knob and the top of the fan
- Do not attempt to rotate the knob further than the description of the “OFF” and “3” setting as this movement is restricted