This wiki has grammatical errors or does not meet iFixit's writing guidelines.
Sidekick II Troubleshooting
The Sidekick II replaces the Sidekick I with a bigger keyboard, slimmer profile, and built in 2.5 megapixel camera.
Screen Won't Turn On
"Your screen is completely blank when you try to turn in on"
If you try to turn your phone on and nothing happens (no sounds or lights), try charging your battery, it may be dead. If this doesn't work, you have have a defective battery and it may need replacing. If that is the case, see "Replacing Battery" repair guide.
Screen is Frozen
"When phone is turned on, user is locked out of all systems."
If you forgot your 3 character password, you can reset the phone by following these steps:
- Hold the menu button (top left), and the jump button (bottom left), at the same time.
- This will bring you to the emergency screen (it gives you the option to make an emergency call).
- Open to the keypad and hold in the Menu+Shift+Q buttons at the same time.
- The phone will reset and clear/unlock the security code.
Screen is blank when turned on
If the screen is blank when you turn on the phone, but you can still hear the phone starting up, you have what is commonly called "the white screen of death" and must take the phone to a Nokia Care Point.
LCD Screen Broken
"looks like there is fluid under the screen"
Screen is cracked
If it looks like there was something spilled under your screen, then the screen is most likely cracked and needs replacement.
Thumbwheel won't work
"The thumbwheel will move, but it doesn't make the cursor move"
If the thumbwheel still moves but has no effect on the cursor, its possible that there is excess dust buildup in close proximity to the wheel. Try blowing very hard into the gap between the wheel and housing.
SimCard won't work
If you insert your Simcard into your phone and you see the display "Please insert Simcard" then the Simcard is most likely not seated properly. To seat it properly, you will first need to have the device turned off before you insert the SIM card. Try this:
The SIM card door is covered by a rubber casing that peels back.
1. Pull back the rubber flap to access the SIM card door. The flap needs to be pulled back from the top left corner of the Sidekick above the "Menu" key.
2. Insert the SIM card into the slot with the gold contacts facing up and the cut corner facing out. When you release the SIM card, make sure it is locked into position behind the catch so it does not spring out.
3. Replace the bumper, and then turn on the device.