Student In Progress
This wiki is being worked on by hardworking students.
Samsung BD-D5500 Troubleshooting
Samsung BD-D5500 Troubleshooting Released January 2011
Table of Contents
No Audio ¶
When trying to play a disc in the Samsung BD-D5500 there is no audio coming out of my television
You may have selected the wrong Digital Output in the Audio Options Menu
- Using the remote, guide yourself to the Digital Output menu in the Audio Options portion. After finding the menu screen, if there is not an option to scan, try each of the listed Audio Options until your TV correctly responds to one of them.
The speakers on your output device such as (computer, television, anything Samsung BD-D5500) are not working or comparable with the device
-Check your device that you have the Samsung BD-D5500 plugged into to see if there is problem with the speaker plug in something else and see if audio also has problem playing. If that is case there may be something wrong with the device you have plugged into the Samsung BD-D5500
Disc does not play ¶
When the disc is inserted no picture is appearing on the screen even though it is a disc that plays a video or audio
Disc may be upside down
- Take the disc out and make sure the cover art is facing upright
Check the region code on the disc make sure the disc is compatible with your device
- If your disc is not playing, it could be from another region and can not be played on your player. In this case, you will have to order a new disc from the same region as your player.
Discs may have a scratch and is unable to play
- The disc may be able to work if it is cleaned, try using a dampened cloth with water and rubbing the bottom of the disc.
HDMI Resolution does not work with the TV ¶
When trying to play the disc the HDMI capabilities is not compatible with the television, or its just not working with the television
A screen shows stating that the TV does not support this resolution
- If this happens, refer to your device’s owner manual instructions on how to set the correct resolution.
HDMI Output does not work with the TV ¶
There is not HDMI output when trying to use the player
Cord may be loose or have a shortage
- Check the cord for a faulty connection or any shortages
No operation can be performed with the remote control ¶
When the remote control is pointed at the television it does not operate the player and has no functionality
Change the batteries
- Take out the current batteries and replace them with new ones to ensure that it is not a technical problem.
Move farther away from the Blu-Ray Player
- Move at least 20 inches away from the screen and check if the Blu-Ray player will respond to the remote control.
Drain the Microprocessor.
- Remove the batteries and hold down any button on the remote control, reinstall batteries and try again.
Blu-Ray Player not powering on ¶
When trying to work the Blue- Ray player there is no power going to the player. it will not power up and no lights are being displayed as well as no audio or picture going to the television
- The outlet that the power cord is plugged into may not be plugged in completely or the outlet is dead. Try pushing the cord all the way into the outlet and if that still does not work then trying a different outlet.