An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
- Device Not Powering On
- Drone Does Not Hover or Strafe Correctly
- Rotor Blades Not Spinning
- Drone Responds Incorrectly During Flight
- Drone Does Not Charge
Device Not Powering On ¶
"The drone does not power on when you flip the On/Off switch."
Battery Is Not Plugged In ¶
Open the battery door on the drone and pull out the battery. Next, make sure you reconnect the battery cable with the cable coming from the inside of the drone. After connecting the wires, gently place the battery back inside the drone’s battery compartment.
Battery Is Not Charged ¶
If the device is not turning on after setting the drones On/Off switch to the "On" position and a secure connection is made between the battery and the drone, a drained battery could be the issue. To fix this issue, open the battery door in the drone:
- Take out the battery
- Disconnect it from the drone
- Connect it to the provided charger
- Let it charge for few hours.
Once fully charged, replace the battery by reinserting the battery pack into the drone.
Drone Does Not Hover or Strafe Correctly ¶
"The drone will not hover or strafe correctly"
Device Is Not Properly Synchronized ¶
- Turn on the drone and place it on an even surface. The lights will flash.
- Turn on the remote control. You will hear a beep indicating power is on. It will automatically search for the transmitter signal and beep again when the transmitter is synchronized.
- Next, you must calibrate the Altitude Sensor. Press the calibration button down once. Lights will flash quickly and then slower when finished. Your drone is now synchronized, calibrated, and in stand-by mode awaiting Engine idle command.
- While the drone is in the process of synchronizing or calibrating, the lights will flash quickly. When the process is completed, the lights will flash slowly. This is your indication that the process is completed.
- If after 30 seconds, it has not recognized the drone, turn off the controller and repeat Power-On procedure.
- If the Galileo Stealth is unsteady in flight, it may not have been able to calibrate properly. Power down both drone and remote and restart pre-flight procedure, including re-calibration of the altitude sensor.
- For the Altitude Sensor to calibrate properly, the drone must be synchronized already, but the engines not spinning yet. You cannot calibrate while the propellers are turning. You have to calibrate before you start the engines.
Trim Settings are Incorrect ¶
Reset the trim buttons on the controller and re-trim flight controls.
Rotor Blades Not Spinning ¶
"One or more rotor blades do not spin when increasing the throttle while the device is on"
Pinion Gear Has Come Off ¶
The motor is spinning, but not the propeller, you will have to verify the pinion gear is in place.
Motor Needs To Be Replaced ¶
The pinion gear is in place and the propeller still isn’t spinning, the next you will have to do, is to replace the motor.
Drone Responds Incorrectly During Flight ¶
"Drone responds erratic/randomly while flying"
Controller Batteries Need to be Replaced ¶
Another possibility if your device is not responding correctly could be that the batteries inside the remote control are out of power. If you turn the remote on and there is not any visual indication, try replacing the batteries. The batteries are located on the back of the remote and consist of 6 AA batteries.
Drone Does Not Charge ¶
"The battery is plugged in, but it will not charge "
Poor Connection Between Charger and Battery Plug ¶
If the battery is plugged into the charger, but it is not charging, the first course of action would be to re-plug the batter into the charger making sure that the connection is snug and secure.
Battery Plug Needs to be Replaced ¶
If the battery is tightly secured to the charger and the battery still isn’t charging, the next course of action is to replace the plug on either the battery, the charger, or both.