Student In Progress
This wiki is being worked on by hardworking students.
Nokia Lumia 930 Troubleshooting
Released by Microsoft Mobil on July 4, 2014. The device was originally released with Windows Phone 8.1 OS.
- Unable to be heard in hands-free calls or video recordings
- Display Problems
- OS updating problem
- Battery Drainage
- Other tips
Unable to be heard in hands-free calls or video recordings ¶
When using the speakerphone or attempting to record something with video, the audio is extremely low and inaudible.
Microphone Software Issue ¶
It is possible that the phone is experiencing problems with its software. The most effective way to solve this is by downloading the Windows Device Recovery Tool onto a PC and connecting your Nokia Lumia through USB. This tool will completely wipe the phone and reinstall the most up-to-date version of the OS released for the device, therefore it is recommended you back up your phone before attempting this.
Top Microphones Malfunctioning ¶
The two microphones at the top backside of the phone are responsible for picking up audio for the speakerphone and surround sound for video recordings. These microphones are soldered onto the device's motherboard, unlike the two bottom mics. Because of this, it is very difficult to replace these two mics by separating them from the motherboard, requiring expert skills and tools. Instead, it is more effective to replace the entire motherboard so there is no fear of completely damaging and disabling the device.
Display Problems ¶
Screen flickers/ jumps or has a purple shade.
Purple Display Problem ¶
The problem is more visible when the screen has a black/grey background. The blacks and greys have shades of purple on them. More noticeable when screen brightness is set low or when brightness changes automatically. Problem is only a collaboration issue and can be fixed immediately. To fix go to the phone's Settings -> Display -> Adjust Color profile -> Set the Tint option from Neutral to Green.
Flickering Screen Problem ¶
The display on the phone screen flickers/ jumps. Flickers while scrolling through websites or being set down. In some rare cases it could be a software issue. In this case you can try a soft recovery (pressing volume down and power key for 15 secs) or even a software recovery(using windows device recovery). In most cases the screen may just need to be replaced.
Cracked Screen ¶
The display has fractures that impede visuals or touchscreen capabilities. This requires a replacement of the phone's glass screen. Care should be taken when dealing with broken glass.
OS updating problem ¶
Nokia Lumia 930 having issues after an update.
Terrible purple hue ¶
The terrible purple hue is basically a giant purple spot on the screen that most users get after an update. Some even said that they had it before the update, but it does make it 1000 times worst. It seems to be a software problem and not a hardware problem meaning that it is not because of a faulty screen but the programming of the phone itself.
This problem will require you to update your phone entirely to the newest available version.
Unresponsive microphone ¶
Not as common but still a problem is microphones begin to shut off after the windows 10 update. There are about four microphones on the Nokia Lumia 930. After the update usually two to three microphones are unresponsive. Most people mistake this as a hardware problem, but in reality, it is a software problem. This problem will require you to update your phone entirely to the newest available version.
Nokia Lumia 930 begins to feel warmer than usual. Some signs are lagging of applications and a high temperature in the battery.
Overheating due to charger ¶
If you are not using the original charging cable, the phone may overheat. Use the original charging cable, if available. Otherwise try using another cable.
Old Battery ¶
1. Old batteries overheat, so this may be a sign to replace it.
2. Install an application that can control the temperature of the Nokia Lumia 930battery.
( If overheating continues, replace the battery. )
Too much power is being used ¶
Possible overheating comes from playing energy-hungry games for a large amount of time that needs an excessive amount of power. ( i.e. HD films for several minutes. ) To solve this issue, take breaks between your games/activities.
Battery Drainage ¶
Battery dies quickly.
1. Restart your phone.
2. Switch the battery saver mode on: press Start , swipe left to the app list, go to Settings > System > Battery Saver > switch to On
3. Turn off services applications that are not being used.
- Close the apps you are not using: Press and hold the back key to see the apps running in the background. Swipe through the app list and tap X to close the apps that are not needed.
- Switch off the location services: Tap Settings > Privacy > Location and switch Location services to Off
1. Reduce the screen Brightness
Tap Settings > System > Display switch Automatically adjust display brightness to Off , and reduce the Brightness level
2. Set your phone to use the 2G network only: tap Settings > Cellular network > Highest connection speed
3. Switch off the WiFi connection: Tap Settings > Network & Wireless > WiFi and switch WiFi networking to Off
4. Charge your Nokia Lumia 930 until the battery percentage is at 100%. To check the battery level, go to Settings > System > Battery saver > Overview