An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
- Device Won't Turn On
- Device Won't Charge
- Screen doesn't Work Properly
- Volume is Not Working
- Device is Running Slow
- Camera is Not Working Properly
- Other Problems
Identifying Your Device
To ensure that this is the appropriate guide for your device, refer to the manufactures website: http://www.nextbookusa.com/productdetail...
Spesfic specifications for this device can be found on the following website: https://theinformr.com/tablets/nextbook-...
Device Won't Turn On
Tablet will not respond or show any signs of powering on.
Battery is Not Charged
To charge your device, plug in your Nextbook AC Adapter that was provided with the device upon purchasing. The device will charge until the battery is back to full life.
Battery Is Dead
If you charge your battery and it either dies quickly or won't hold much power, the AC adapter, charging port or battery may be broke.
- Charge your battery using the Nextbook AC adapter.
- If the device is properly charging, a small light will appear.
- If the light doesn't appear, the AC adapter, charing port, or battery is broken.
Power button is broken
If the device won't turn on, refer to "Battery is Dead." If the device will turn on once the AC adapter is plugged in but can't be powered on through the power button, the power button may be broken.
- Check to see if there is anything in the power button that prohibits it from being pressed.
- If button is stuck and won't move, you may need to replace the button. Refer to the Replace Power Button guide.
- Ensure the power adapter is plugged in and the charge light is on.
- If the light is not on and the adapter is plugged in, the adapter is broken.
- If light doesn't come on, the battery may be broken. Refer to the Battery Disassembly to replace the battery.
Charger is Unresponsive
Refer to "Device won’t charge"
Device Won't Charge
"The device won't charge even though the AC Adapter is properly plugged into the device."
Charger is Unresponsive
- Plug in charger adapter to device.
- If the light doesn't turn on, the adapter is broken. Refer to "Battery is Broken" and "Charging Port is Unresponsive."
Battery is Dead
- If the only time you can operate the device is when it is being charged or if the battery life has significantly decreased, the battery may be broken.
- Go to Battery Disassembly to replace the battery.
Charging Port is Unresponsive
- Plug in adapter to port on the device.
- If the light turns on, the adapter is working.
- If the light doesn't turn on, the charger may need to be replaced. Refer to our Replace Charging Port repair guide.
Screen doesn't Work Properly
"The device's screen is not responding to my touch."
Device is on but the Screen is Black
The device will power on but the screen is black and does not respond to touch. This is a common problem that is associated with damaged or broken screens. Refer to Screen Disassembly repair guide.
Screen is Cracked
If the screen is visibility cracked or is not responding to touch, see the Screen Disassembly repair guide.
Screen is Not Responsive
If you notice your device is unresponsive and no crack on the screen is clearly visible, a hard reset may be needed. Follow the steps below for resetting your device:
- Power off device
- Select the volume up button
- Hold the volume up button while pressing the power button
- Hold both buttons for 5 - 7 seconds
- Let go of the power button while still pressing the volume up button
Volume is Not Working
"The volume either won't turn on or I can't change the volume."
Volume Button is Broken
- If buttons appear physically broken, they may need to be replaced.
- Refer to our Replace Volume Buttons guide.
Device is on Mute
- Check the "mute" option to unmet the device.
- Turn the device on and off.
Device is Running Slow
"The device's performance is running slow."
Software Needs Updating
Refer to "Software is Out of Date"
Camera is Not Working Properly
"Camera is taking pictures that appear blurry or have lines through them."
Lens is Dirty
Check the lens to ensure the camera is not dirty. The screen uses a capacitive touch screen and won't respond to touch should the screen be dirty. Use a microfiber cloth to gently wipe the lens until any and all dirt is gone.
Lens is Broken
If you notice the pictures you take appear blurry or show lines through it, you might have a cracked screen. If you believe the lens is cracked, you will need to replace it. Contact Nextbook for more information on replacing the camera lens.
Screen in Cracked over Lens
If you notice a crack on the screen that appears to go over the camera lens, use the device with caution. If the device is not responding to your touch, your screen may be broken. If the device's screen needs to be replaced, refer to our Screen Disassembly repair guide.
Software is Out of Date
The device's software may need to be updated.
- Check to see that your device has the most up-to-date software.
- Go to your device's settings
- Look under the "About Device" section
- If your device is out-of-date, click the update option to download the newest version.
If your device is already updated to the most recent software, wait until the next software update arrives to fix device bugs. This will most likely improve the performance of your device.
If you are still experiencing problems with your device, refer to the manufacturer's solution guide. http://support.nextbookusa.com/support/s...