An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Nextbook 8 Troubleshooting
Model number NX785QC8G, released in 2014. RK3188 Quad core ARM Cortex A9/1.6GHz Processor, 1GB DDR RAM.
Nextbook won't turn on ¶
No matter what I do, the phone will not turn on
Battery is dead ¶
- Charge the device with the provided charger.
- It is possible that your battery is dead.
Touch screen is unresponsive ¶
When I touch the screen, the Nextbook is unresponsive.
Screen needs to be cleaned ¶
- Clean the screen with a soft cloth.
- Be sure screen is free of water and dirt, as they can cause interference with the touch screen.
Camera is not working ¶
When I attempt to use the camera, the screen is blurry and sometimes completely blank
Lens could be dirty ¶
- Clean the camera lens with a cloth to remove smudges or dirt.
- Take back cover off and clean the inside of the lens and the actual camera.
Camera is faulty ¶
- Camera will need to be replaced.
No sound from speaker ¶
When I play music or other media, I get no sound
Speaker could be filled with dirt ¶
- Take back cover off, remove speaker, and blow out with compressed air.
Speaker is faulty ¶
- Speaker will need to be replaced.