Student In Progress
This wiki is being worked on by hardworking students.
- Battery Will not Hold a Full Charge
- Botvac Cannot Find its Charging Station
- My Neato Robot isn’t Cleaning on Schedule
- My Neato Robot doesn’t Finish its Cleaning Schedule
- Robot has trouble navigating surroundings
- Blank LCD Display
Battery Will not Hold a Full Charge ¶
Your Vacuum can't finish its route without having to recharge.
Battery Needs to be Recalibrated ¶
Recalibrating your Botvac's battery can help lengthen time between charges and increase its capacity. Before recalibrating your battery turn off any scheduled cleanings.
To reset the battery:
- Go to the main Menu on the LCD screen then Support then New Battery.
- Place your Botvac next on your charging station and fully charge the battery and remove the Botvac.
- Once the battery is fully charged, press the start button to begin a cleaning cycle.
- If the Botvac displays" Cleaning Complete" on the screen, press the start button again to begin a new cycle.
- Repeat cleaning cycles until your Botvac displays the message "My Battery is Low".
- Place your Botvac on its charging station until the status light shines green.
- Run your Botvac as usual.
If your battery life does not improve after recalibrating your battery you may need to replace it.
Dead Battery ¶
If you have determined that your battery is dead or no longer holding a charge it is time to replace it with a new one. To replace the battery follow this guide Neato Botvac D75 Battery Replacement.
Once the battery has been replaced perform a battery recalibration to ensure you get the most capacity and life out of your new battery.
Botvac Cannot Find its Charging Station ¶
Your Botvac cannot find its charging station when it is time to charge or after a cleaning cycle has been completed.
The Charging Station May be in a bad Spot ¶
To ensure that your Botvac has an easy time finding its charging base it is important to pick an appropriate spot for it. The charging station should have three feet of clear space in front of it and between corners or doors. It is best to place it flat against a wall. It is also important to make the base visible to your Botvac from around the room. Avoid placing the base under furniture or tilted up or down as that may interfere with docking.
The Botvac does not start its cleaning cycle from the base ¶
If you start a cleaning cycle from anywhere other than the charging base it will find it while cleaning and dock once it completes its cycle. If your Botvac does not see the charging base on its route it will end the cycle where it began it. For this reason we recommend that you start each cleaning cycle from the charging base.
My Neato Robot isn’t Cleaning on Schedule ¶
Your robot won't clean during its scheduled cleanings.
Wrong Settings for Built-In Clock ¶
Make sure your robot is fully charged. Check the clock. If the clock displays 0:00, then reset the clock.
To reset the clock:
- Press the button beneath the display to select MENU
- Choose SET CLOCK
- Using the up and down arrows, follow the prompts on the screen to set the time and day to the current time and day.
My Neato Robot doesn’t Finish its Cleaning Schedule ¶
Your robot may have run out of power. Return your robot to its base and allow it fully charge before starting a cleaning cycle.
Your robot was moved during its cycle or moved more than 2ft when it was paused. ¶
Return your robot to its base and start the robot from its base.
Your robot got lost when looking for its base ¶
Like the solution above, return you robot to its base and start the robot from its base.
Robot has trouble navigating surroundings ¶
Your Botvac has a hard time moving through your home while cleaning.
Look to see if the LCD screen says "Please Clear My Path" ¶
Clear your path.
If the path is clear, and the message won’t be solved by clearing the error, move the robot about 1’/30cm away. For the next cleaning cycle, start from a different starting point, or move the base to a different location.
Wheels or brush are dirty ¶
Make sure wheel wells aren’t blocked with debris.
The Laser is Blocked. ¶
The laser can not detect boundary markers due to obstacles.
Make sure there is nothing preventing the robot from moving forward (e.g., obstacles, tangled in cords, robot is not flat on floor)
Robot has trouble navigating floor ¶
Make sure that the boundary markers are flat on the floor and not blocked or hidden under anything (e.g., thick carpet) for the robot to detect them.
Senors are dirty or not working properly ¶
To ensure that the laser is working properly make sure the robot’s laser freely rotates. If laser is dirty use a Q-tip to rotate the laser 5 times to the left and 5 times to the right, making sure NOT to put the Q-tip in either hole.
The robot needs to be reset. Push the battery switch UP to OFF, wait 5 minutes and push DOWN to turn back ON.
Blank LCD Display ¶
Your LCD will not display anything even though the robot is on. This is a common issue and easy to fix.
Device Needs to be Reset ¶
Try doing a soft reset on the device by:
- Pressing and holding the Home bottom for 20 seconds. If this doesn't work you with step 2.
- Try doing a hard reset on the device, which is turning the device OFF for 5 minutes and turning it back on.
If none of these steps work and you are still under your one year warranty we suggest contacting the the customer help for Neato so your warranty does not get voided.
LCD Screen is Dead ¶
If resetting your device does not restore LDC function and your device is out or warranty you may need to replace it using this guide LCD Replacement Guide.