An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
JLAB PRO-7 Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose problems with the JLab Pro-7
Tablet Will Not Charge ¶
When cable is plugged in, charging symbol is not shown
Defective Charging Cable
- Replace the charging cable with another micro USB cable. If the tablet begins to charge, then the original cable may be faulty.
Charging Port is Clogged
- Check the charging port located on the top of the device for any debris. Lint and other foreign material can clog the port and prevent the power adapter from fully connecting. Clean with a small cotton swab to remove any debris.
Tablet Does Not Hold a Charge ¶
Tablet powers off sooner than it should
Multiple Apps Open
- Having multiple apps open will drain the battery of your device faster. Tap the home button twice fairly quick to view all open apps. Close out apps by swiping them to the right.
- Check to make sure the light appears on the power adapter and the charging port is clean of debris. If the tablet only powers on when the power adapter is connected, the battery is faulty.
Touch Screen Unresponsive ¶
Screen is frozen on most previously viewed page
- If the screen is unresponsive first try performing a factory reset by holding the power button for 5 seconds until the device turns off. Release the button, wait 5 seconds, then turn the device back on.
- If a factory reset was performed and the screen is still unresponsive but the device will power on and off, and the screen lock button will work, the screen is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Distorted Audio ¶
You have trouble hearing from headphones
Headphones not in fully inserted.
- Ensure headphones are fully inserted by pushing firmly until an audible “click” is heard.
Headphone Jack Clogged
- If the headphone connector will not fully plug in, check to see if any lint or other foreign debris is inside. If a clogged headphone jack is suspected, clean with a cotton swab
Headphone Jack Faulty
- If headphone is fully plugged in and there is no sound in headphones, the headphone jack is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Phone Won’t Load Past Boot Screen ¶
When the tablet starts up, it becomes unresponsive and won’t advance past the boot screen
- If a factory reset was attempted, but the device will not power on,and a working power cable is plugged into the device, the motherboard is faulty and needs to be replaced.