- Device won't turn on
- Bad display
- No memory
- Device can't connect to PC/won't transfer data
- Buttons not working
Device won't turn on ¶
No matter what you do, you can't get your PDA to turn on.
Hold down on the power switch ¶
Before you take everything apart, try holding the power button a little longer.
Drained/bad battery ¶
The next thing you can try is replacing your batteries.
Bad motherboard ¶
If nothing else worked, there's probably a problem with the motherboard.
Bad display ¶
I think it's on, but I can't see anything...
Hard reset ¶
1. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the PDA.
2. Use a paper clip to press the reset button.
3. You will get a message warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on the PDA, do the following:
- Press the top scroll button on the front panel to complete the hard reset and display the startup screen.
- Do not press any other buttons during the reset.
4. After performing a hard reset the unit will return to the initial factory state. Extra applications will be deleted and the PDA will be restored to factory settings.
Cracked/broken display ¶
In some cases the display is bad and needs to be replaced.
No memory ¶
My PDA won't store anything.
Memory card not connected ¶
1. Make sure you have a memory card in the port.
2. If card is present, make sure all connection pins are lined up correctly.
Memory card bad/broken ¶
The memory card may be broken and in need of replacement.
Memory card full ¶
1. Try deleting unnecessary files to create space for future storage.
2. Replace memory card with a new one.
Device can't connect to PC/won't transfer data ¶
"PC doesn't recognize the external device when plugged in."
Check Dock/USB connection ¶
1. Make sure the device is securely placed in the dock and that the USB is plugged into the PC.
2. Replace the dock/USB cable.
3. Replace the button pad within the device which also consists of the dock connector.
Buttons not working ¶
My keys aren't responding.
Broken button ¶
If a button is broken or not working, it might need to be replaced.