An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
DigiLand DL700D Troubleshooting
If you are having any difficulties with your device this page will help you with a handful of solutions to help relieve some of your stressful moments.
- Device won't turn on
- Faulty Software
- Passcode is Forgotten
- Broken Screen
- General Care and Maintenance
No matter what you do, you can't get your Device to turn on.
Before delving into the guts of your Device, make sure the switch isn't activated. If the hold switch is on, the Device will ignore any input on the click wheel and refuse to do anything. If your Device's problem isn't so easily solved, read on.
If your DigiLand won't turn on, especially if it has not been used recently, you may simply have a drained battery. Plug your DigiLand into your computer or AC adapter and see if anything happens. Ideally your DigiLand will recognize it has been connected to a power source and charge its battery. If it will no longer charge, the battery must be replaced.
It is possible that it appears nothing is happening because the display is bad. If .... it is possible the display is bad and must be replaced.
The problem may not be with the DigiLand, and instead be a problem with the charging cord itself. Try charging a familiar device with the same charging cord you used with the DigiLand to verify that it functions properly. If the cord cannot charge your other device, it is most likely faulty and a new one should be purchased.
If your Device does nothing when plugged into a computer, the problem most likely lies in the Motherboard. This mean it needs to be replace.
No matter what you do, you can't get your Tablet to Reset, Root, or Apps are not working.
Go into setting look for wifi and turn it on
Theres usually a setting in "Settings" that allows you to downlaod material/apps from unknown sources chose that
If your not comfortable with rooting or don't know what your do go read up on rooting and the come back.
This automatically installs SuperSU, but you have to update the su binary before root will work. Norton says this is virus free. (It might say that you are already rooted, just ignore that.)
kingoapp. c o m/android-root/download.htm
if not read on.
Rooted successfully for DL700D
1. install driver after connecting via usb to PC http://adbdriver.com/downloads/
2. downloaded kingo ROOT
3. opened kingo root and clicked "root again" (said it was rooted but that was false
4. device rebooted and installed supersu
5. root confirmed
follow this link if uncertain to safely root your DigiLand Device https://www.oneclickroot.com/device/digi...
You cannot remember your DigiLand DL700D Device Passcode.
1) Power off the tablet.
2) Press and hold the Volume-Down and Power button simultaneously.
3) It displayed a menu in Korean/Chinese (?).
4) Scroll down (using the Volume-Down button) to the SIXTH menu choice.
5) Press the Power button to select.
Note that this will delete all your data and everything you added to the device.
Need a easier solution read on
Use a paperclip to press the tiny reset button on the back.
If you dropped your device, now the screen has a broken screen read on.
Look online for a cheap replacement screen than follow this link to watch step by step to repair your screen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT97TS_S...
If your device screen has a hand full of spills and stains from substance on it. If you tried using a damp cloth and still hasn't came clean read on.
If your DigiLand device
The physical maintenance of an DigiLand or any device is
pretty simple and doesn’t require too many tools.
You’ll want to stock your DigiLand cleaning with these items:
1. Microfiber Cloth
2. Lens Cleaning Or Monitor Cleaning Spray
3. Canned Air
The microfiber cloth and canned air are going to do most of the work for you.
It’s time to use the cleaning solution.
Make sure to use only a monitor or eyeglass cleaning solution, as other solutions may damage the device. Spray a small section of the microfiber cloth lightly with the solution and wipe the affected area off.
Two ways to fix First way:
Turning it off and back on or Press power key and Volume up key to enter recovery mode delete user data and restart device
1. Press the power button. Hold it for 20 seconds to force the unit to shut down.
2. Turn the Tablet back on to determine if it is still frozen.
3. Remove the power adapter or USB cable from the Tablet. Turn it back off. Turn the Tablet over and remove the screw from the back of the device. Slide the battery panel off of the Tablet and pull the battery out of the unit.
4. Connect the Tablet to the power adapter and power it on. The freezing issue should be fixed and your Table should respond properly. Reinsert the battery and charge it to full before removing it from power.
Plug in the charger. Leave it charging overnight. In the future, don't let it drain past 40%.
Click onto your system setting interface (setting icon). Click on Date & Time setting. Within this setting interface, you can set up your system time and series options. You can use automatic time from the network, to choose the time zone, to set specific date and time and display format in time setting.