An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Dell Studio 1569 Troubleshooting
Common Issues with Dell Studio 1569 Laptop.
- Computer cannot connect to Internet
- Computer will not power on
- Frozen or unresponsive screen
- Windows won’t boot
- Touchpad/keyboard not working properly
Computer cannot connect to Internet ¶
Computer cannot connect to Internet or maintain connection ¶
Wireless Network Card crash ¶
- If your laptop isn’t able to connect to the internet or the wifi it is very likely that the wireless network card has crashed and needs to be replaced.
Computer will not power on ¶
The laptop will not respond or show any sign of powering up ¶
Battery power failure ¶
- If your laptop won’t turn on, you may simply have drained the battery, or need a new one.
Laptop failure to charge ¶
- If your laptop won’t charge, there may be the possibility that the connection is broken and needs to be replaced.
Frozen or unresponsive screen ¶
Computer turns on but screen remains black ¶
Broken Display ¶
- If you’re sure the computer is on and the screen is still black it’s possible that the screen is broken.
- Connect the laptop to an external display, if the display comes up then the problem is with the laptop screen.
Windows won’t boot ¶
Computer does not load the Operating System upon powering up ¶
Not enough RAM ¶
- If your computer crashes during normal activity or beeps and will not boot up, this means there is a problem with the RAM or there is not enough RAM.
- Install new RAM into your computer.
Hard Drive Error ¶
- If Windows won’t boot then there may be an error in the hard drive.
- These errors can occur when the user shuts off the computer by pressing the power button instead of using the operating system’s shutdown sequence.
- To solve this get a Windows DVD for the version that you have (e.g XP, Vista, 7).
- Boot to the DVD and choose “Repair your computer,” then click next.
- On this screen click “Startup Repair” and let it run.
- After this your computer should boot correctly, otherwise you may need to replace your hard drive.
Touchpad/keyboard not working properly ¶
Touchpad becomes unresponsive and erratic ¶
Drivers are not updated ¶
- If you press the keys but are unable to type anything, the keyboard may need to be replaced.
- If the touchpad is not behaving normally it’s possible that updating the drivers will fix the problem.
- Use a mouse to navigate to the Device Manager, expand Mice and other pointing devices, find your touchpad, right click it then click “update drivers”.
- Your computer may need to restart afterwards and the touchpad behave properly afterwards.