An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Asus X502CA-BCL0901D Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting guide will help you diagnose problems with the Asus X502CA-BCL0901D laptop.
- Maximum Battery Life is Shortening
- Broken or Cracked Screen
- Screen Will Not Turn On
- Keyboard is Unresponsive
- Webcam Sees Nothing
Maximum Battery Life is Shortening ¶
Longevity of battery is shortening, resulting in more frequent charging.
When any lithium ion battery (found in most devices) is continually charged without needing it, the battery will be damaged over time and eventually lose charge capacity.
Normal Wear and Tear ¶
Over time the battery will lose its ability to hold charge as effectively as once before. Click Here for battery replacement guide.
Broken or Cracked Screen ¶
Screen glass is broken/warped, but no signs of image distortion, discoloration, or absence of display.
Dropping Laptop and/or Blunt/Pinpoint Force to Screen ¶
Physical damage to laptop can result in a cracked screen. If all screen functions of laptop are intact, screen glass may be replaced.
Heat Damage to Screen ¶
Screen can be replaced if heat damage affects screen function.
Screen Will Not Turn On ¶
Black Screen/No display.
Loose or Deteriorating Connection From Laptop to Display ¶
Connections from laptop to display are stressed whenever the lid of the laptop is opened or closed. Over time wired connections may become worn and cause display to flicker or go black. Repairs should be done by a professional.
Screen Brightness Setting is too Low ¶
Follow the instructions below to turn up/adjust your screen brightness.
- Hold Function (fn) button on lower left-hand side of keyboard.
- Repeated press f6, located on the top row of the keyboard.
- Tip: Repeating these steps pressing f5 will decrease the brightness.
Keyboard is Unresponsive ¶
Keystrokes are not registering on laptop.
Keyboard is Disconnected From Display ¶
Sometimes the entire keyboard is unresponsive. In this case, it is likely the keyboard has become disconnected from its display. Click HERE for a guide to replacing this connection.
Webcam Sees Nothing ¶
Webcam does not turn on.
Webcam is Disabled/Disconnected ¶
This laptop comes with a camera (at the top of the display) and webcam technology. Often times the user disables the webcam, and it needs to be re-enabled to function.
- Open the start menu in the bottom left corner of the desktop, or press the Windows key to open the same menu.
- Find the Device Manager by typing it into the search and selecting Device Manager from the list provided.
- Under Imaging Devices there should be an Integrated Camera.
- Right click on Integrated Camera and select enable from the menu.
Webcam Lens is Broken ¶
Inspect the webcam at the top of your screen. If crack(s) can be seen replace camera lens.