An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Asus Rog GL552VW-DH71 Troubleshooting
This troubleshooting page will help you diagnose the problems you are experiencing on your Asus Rog GL552VW-DH71
- Keyboard Is Not Working Properly
- Distorted/No Audio
- Touchpad Is Not Functioning
- CD/DVD Drive Is Dysfunctional
- Computer Will Not Power On
- USB Port Fails To Read Properly
- Screen Blackout/Broken
The keyboard/keys are not operating in like-new fashion.
If the keys are stuck or not making a proper connection
- Remove the keyboard and check for foreign debris.
- Remove any debris with a can of compressed air and clean with alcohol wipes.
- Replace keyboard in opposite fashion.
If the keyboard backlight is not visible
- Check to see if the keyboard light button or system option has the light disabled.
- If lighting is still is unavailable, replace keyboard using this guide.
- In the event of a missing key from the keyboard, use this guide to replace the keyboard.
- For a fast alternative solution try using an external keyboard.
The speakers are not operating properly.
- If you have a Bluetooth speaker and the speaker is fine but you are unable to get sound from your computer it is possible to have an incorrect Bluetooth driver. Update the driver with this link.
- If the sounds coming from the computer are inaudible or distorted, use this guide for the replacement of the speakers.
Check to make sure the computer is un-muted by playing audio with the volume up and pressing the mute button “F10” on the keyboard.
- Be sure to check the volume level of the media player (YouTube, Games, Web Browser).
- Check to make sure your drivers are up to date.
The functionality of the touchpad or mouse buttons is not normal.
- If the touchpad is damaged, use this guide for complete replacement.
- Check to see if the touchpad has been disabled in the system settings.
- If touchpad settings should allow for proper operation and still unresponsive, replace using this guide.
- If you are unable to fix your touchpad an external mouse is suggested
- If you have an external mouse connected, it is possible that this has disabled the touchpad.
CD/DVD drive is not responsive or has a disk stuck in the drive.
Check to make sure that the disk is free of scratches and is clean.
- If the drive will still not read, check to make sure drivers are up-to-date.
- If still inoperable, consider replacement using this guide.
It is possible that a disk is stuck in the drive or that there is damage to the track for the drive.
- Remove the drive with this guide.
- remove the 3 screws on the drive to remove the plate to gain access to the interior of the drive.
- Retrieval of the disk in the drive is now possible.
The computer is unable to boot and gives no indication of turning on .
Check to make sure that the battery is installed and charged.
- Plug in the charging cable to a working power outlet to verify proper electrical power to the computer.
- If the battery appears to not be charging, replace the battery with this guide.
- If the battery is functional then it is likely that the power switch could be dysfunctional. This will require a replacement of the keyboard using this guide.
USB port either has intermittent or no connectivity.
Verify USB port is debris/ dust free.
- If required, clean terminals with a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol.
- If still intermittent, consider replacing the USB port with this guide.
- Check to make sure that drivers for the device are up-to-date and correct. Also, verify the cleanliness of the USB port. If replacement is desired, use this guide.
- Check to see if the external USB works with other devices, if not replace your external USB
The screen either does not turn on, is damaged or otherwise needs to be replaced.
- If you are experiencing inverted colors, poor image quality, and/or inconsistent video display. Here is where you can download and update your video driver.
- Verify power to the computer.
- Use this guide to remove the keyboard to give access to the motherboard. Verify that the screen ribbon cable is secure and undamaged. If required, replace the screen with this guide.
- Replace screen with this guide.