An awesome team of students from our education program made this wiki.
Device fails to charge
- There are multiple factors on why the device failed to charge, such as the charger may not work, the cables are ripped, or the laptops battery is damaged.
- In order to find the solution, we must check on the power cable if there is any damage to it. If not, then we check on the laptop’s battery and see if it has any cracks or burn marks on it.
Unable to fold properly
- The problem may be the hinge of the laptop--the hinge is where the laptop can able to fold it open or close it.
- If the hinge are unable to completely fold the laptop or if the hinge is loose, then you’ll need to replace the hinge of the laptop
Loud fan noises
- The sound of a loud fan could be the result of the PCs fans overheating and not cooling quickly enough, thereby forcing them to speed up; it may also be a matter of the fans accumulating too much dust.
- This can be fixed by cleaning out each fan, and if necessary, their individual replacement.
Device’s performance is slow and staggering
- The computer’s RAM may be degrading or simply not have enough storage for the PC to process every process.
- The original RAM stick(s) can be replaced with faster, more powerful, RAM sticks that contain more storage.
Screen is blank
- If the screen of the laptop appears empty or black, then a system file may become corrupted due to an issue from the operating system
- First, try resetting the laptops and see if that fixes the solutions. If not, then open your laptop and check if there is any problem with the video graphics card, if there is a problem with it, replace the video graphics card with a new one compatible with the laptop.