An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Archos 97 Carbon Troubleshooting
Black tablet with a 2.0 megapixel camera. 11 inch touchscreen display.
- Basic start-up problems with your tablet
- Problems with camera
- Problems with volume and sound
- Having trouble connecting to WiFi
No matter what you do, your tablet will not turn on
1. Make sure to hold the power button down for a few seconds before letting go.
1. When the charger is connected, you will see a blue lightning bolt over a battery icon in the bottom left corner. If you do not see the lightning bolt, try a new charging cable.
2. If you have tried a new charging cable, the next step is to make sure that the charge port in the tablet is free from dust, and attempt charging again.
3. If none of those options seem to work, it might be time to get a new battery.
1. If your tablet freezes while you are on an app, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to restart it.
2. If resetting the tablet doesn't work, go to "Settings>touchscreen calibration button" and follow the instructions from there.
3. If none of those options work, then you must recover the system. Before taking this step, you must be aware that this could erase all of your data (pictures, music, videos, etc.)
a. First, turn off your device for 10 seconds.
b. Hold the power button and volume button down at the same time.
c. Keep pressing the volume button until the tablet enters recovery mode, you will see a white screen.
d. To move between options, use the volume button and the on/off button to select the option you want.
Can't get the camera out of selfie mode or take quality pictures
1. If you open your camera app and the image is on your face, press the icon that has a tiny camera and arrows surrounding it to flip it to face the other way.
1. To zoom closer or farther away from your target, press the "+" to zoom closer and the "-" to zoom out.
Want to listen to music in public and volume won't work
1. Make sure that the the volume button on the side isn't stuck. If it is stuck, try loosening it up by repeatedly tapping the buttons.
2. If the volume button is not the problem, go to "Settings>sound/volume" and manually adjust the volume length.
How to connect to wireless internet around you
1. Touch the time in the status bar.
2. Touch the WiFi icon to open the settings.
3. Tap the on/off switch.
4. The tablet will automatically scan for surrounding WiFi.
5. Pick the WiFi network you want to join, and enter the required information.
6. Tap connect.