Based on my experience with overheating MacBook 12” is because the GPU issue when using Safari but other funky issue is because trackpad cable needs to be replaced. Once I replaced it, never overheated anymore. Weird.
That’s because the charger is not connected to proper ground contact to your power outlet and this is a big problem with travel plug which does not have any ground contact connected to the charger. Try using the long cord which has ground contact connected to the charger. I bet you will not become the ground connection and don’t get tingly shock or even worst than just tingly shock (but you need to check also your housing ground wiring connection). We should sue Apple for not supplying long cord anymore in the new Mac Laptops which dangerous to us, we do not just get tingly shock but can get real high voltage shock. Crazy Apple wants us to buy new laptop, by not supplying the long cord with proper ground contact can cause logic board problem and eventually dead Mac and can electrocute the person when touching. Let’s sue Apple for not supplying the long cord anymore.
I had same issue. Replaced the touch screen with original one at Apple but still the same, it touches by itself and went crazy. Brought it to local tiny Apple service and he said touch screen is fine but you need to replace the LCD. I didn’t believe it at first but Voila! In my case… it works fine until now. No more ghost touch.
Try removing the logic board and remove the heatsink, heat the GPU with hairdryer for 5-6 minutes. Reassemble and try turning on the computer. If it works and I suppose it’ll work, then it means the problem is the GPU.
You can replace those rivets with those black tiny keyboard screws. Works for me. In fact, you can reuse those rivets again if you want, done it in Macbook Air. Apply cellophane tape before pulling the keyboard, so you can safe all those rivets.