Answer to: Most likely cause of digitizer problem after water damageThis has worked for me numerous times...Submerge your device in 70% plain rubbing alcohol for 10-15 sec. This will dissipate any remaining water and residue without having to further dismantle your device. REMOVE THE BATTERY, SIM AND SD CARDS FIRST!!! DO NOT USE 90% ALCOHOL. Allow the alcohol to fully dissipate before attempting to turn on your device get a new battery and rejoice! Because alcohol evaporates quickly this will not harm any components when you submerge your device. I have had much success with this in my 20+ years as a tech. The rice and silica are good alternatives but don't fully complete the required steps to get your device running again and if it does it's usually short lived.