PlayStation 3 Motherboard Replacement
Worked. Took 3 hours to complete.
****NOTES that weren't mentioned here****
1. Heat Gun on processors = zigzag from top left to bottom right - then circle back up to the top left. repeat.
2. No thermal pads available in your area?
I used the same thermal pads that came with the PS3
3. No T-10 security screw driver?
I broke the very first step - I didn't have a t10 security driver and jsut figured I would risk breaking the cover a bit by pulling it straight up - popped right off - then broke the stupid screw right off of it.
4. took 15 minutes to find things to ensure the motherboard we perfectly level.
5. I let the Motherboard sit for exactly 17 minutes and then applied Arctic silver.
6. No Screwtray ?
I used a piece of duct tape, sorta flipped it around so it was a sticky pad to grab all the screws and not let them get unorganized.
I hope I remember to report back how long the system runs until it dies again, which I hear happens fairly quickly after this type of operation.