The process was pretty straightforward, you do need to be careful in a few spots (like the wifi antenna in the lower right) but overall I found it to be of medium level of difficulty.
It took me 2.5hrs to slowly dismantle and replace the broken screen.
Here are some tips I learned while doing it:
- instead of plastic spudger, better to use kit knife or razor blade. I found plastic to bend and malform quite easily.
- watch out for lower right corner where wifi antenna sits, it's easy to damage it
- if you have a cracked screen, use protective goggles - i used tape to secure broken glass pieces together, but that didn't quite work and lots of glass was flying as I was prying the screen off the ipad
- opening tool you put in the microwave sold here is not worth it - didn't do that great for me. I mostly used a hair drier and was very successful melting adhesive
- tools I'd only need again to do it again - guitar picks, kit knife, phillips screwdriver, hair drier :D
Overall, I found it to be quite interesting project!