Just completed the battery replacement on 2 phones. Lessons learned from this step on the first phone allowed me to complete the 2nd in about 10 mins:
- WARM THE PHONE FIRST. I used a regular heat pack.
- Don’t bother removing the screen. Leave it attached and prop it up with a small box or something to stop the cables being stretched/damaged.
- DO remove the vibrator component (small black rectangle at bottom of battery). Simply unscrew the 2 phillips screws and pop it out.
- Carefully peel back the tab on the battery using tweezers then get a good grip on the tab with your thumb and finger.
- VERY SLOWLY start pulling the tab back at a 45 degree angle. Use a constant, slight pressure, allowing the strip to detach itself. You will feel and hear the strip slowly coming unstuck, just let it do it’s thing. BE GENTLE AND PATIENT.
- I did not need to bring the strips around the battery. Just keep pulling gently back at 45 degrees out the base of the battery, adjusting your grip on the strip when it gets too long.
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.