Mobile Screen Cosmetic Grading
Explanation of iFixit cosmetic grading standards for mobile device display assemblies.
- All used mobile device display assemblies, regardless of cosmetic condition, have been tested for full functionality.
- Used mobile device display assemblies are required to meet the same functional specifications as our new products. Those that do not meet this standard are rejected.
- Used mobile device display assemblies are classified as A-Stock, B-Stock, and C-Stock based solely upon cosmetic condition.
- A-Stock displays are in excellent condition, often with no cosmetic blemishes.
- One or two faint scratches on the glass surface – not visible when the display is on – are considered acceptable at this grade.
- Scratches (if any) will not be deep enough to be felt with a bare finger.
- Minor wear on any integrated buttons is acceptable.
- Minor wear on any integrated metal or plastic frame is acceptable.
- If applicable, adhesive around the edge of the display assembly will have been removed and need to be reapplied.
- Battery adhesive (if applicable) may have cosmetic flaws from battery removal. Additional adhesive may be needed to secure the battery in place.
|Examples of A-Stock Cosmetic Flaws|
Mobile screens will be classified as B-Stock if they have one or two of these cosmetic issues:
- Several faint scratches that do not interfere with visibility when the display is on.
- One or two deep scratches that do not exceed 10mm (2/5th of an inch) in length.
- Deep scratches on the surface of any integrated buttons.
- Scratches or dents on any integrated metal or plastic frame.
- Worn edges of the display glass, including minor chips and/or separated paint.
|Examples of B-Stock Cosmetic Flaws|
While we do not typically procure mobile screens of this grade, C-Stock assemblies may feature more severe examples of the above B-Stock defects, and/or a combination of several cosmetic flaws. Scratches to the display surface may be more numerous and/or prominent, and could be combined with damage to the frame and buttons.
We reject any used mobile screens that have:
- Any functional issue.
- Cracked glass.
- Damage that obscures or distorts the display.
- Liquid damage.
- Missing subcomponent(s).
- Damaged cables or connectors.
- Stripped screws (if applicable).