Technique: iMac Intel 20" EMC 2210 Power Supply Output Voltage Test
An awesome member of our community made this guide. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
- Author: Richdave
- Time estimate: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Difficult
* The purpose of this guide is to provide detail on testing of the iMac PSU voltages.
- Should only be attempted by those with experience working with a multimeter or voltmeter and LIVE equipment.
- If you don't know how to use a meter to measure voltages then you should not proceed.
Embed this guide
Choose a size and copy the code below to embed this guide as a small widget on your site / forum.
- Access Door 1 step
- Glass Panel 2 steps
- Front Bezel 2 steps
- iMac Intel 20" EMC 2210 Power Supply Output Voltage Test 2 steps
Loosen the single Phillips screw in the center of the access door.
Remove the access door from your iMac.
Remove the following 12 screws securing the front bezel to the rear case:
Eight 13 mm T8 Torx.
Four 25 mm T8 Torx.
After removing the front bezel, you need to remove the 8ea 12mm T8 screws around the perimeter of the LCD
Use the chart provided as a reference and test the various voltages with your meter being sure to restrict the probes to the 10 solder joints on the PSU connector shown within the BLUE rectangle. Shorting any part of the PCB will almost certainly cause damage to the imac
All voltage measurements are taken with PIN 1 as reference (Marked with the YELLOW square). Pin 1 is marked on the board by a dot and is the right hand pin when viewed as shown in photos
Reassemble your iMac in reverse order. When lowering the LCD ensure you don't crimp or crush the LCD back-light cables