MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2009 Hard Drive Replacement
Replace the hard drive in your MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2009.
- Author: Walter Galan
- Difficulty: Moderate
When replacing your hard drive, you must transfer the four locating pins (removed with a T6 screwdriver) from the old hard drive to the new one.
Embed this guide
Choose a size and copy the code below to embed this guide as a small widget on your site / forum.
- 1 TB SSD Hybrid 2.5" Hard Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the drive and all tools needed.
Relevant Parts (continued)
- 500 GB SSD Hybrid 2.5" Hard Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the part and tools needed.
- 256 GB Solid State Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the drive and all tools needed.
- 128 GB Solid State Drive, Upgrade Kit This kit contains the part and all tools needed.
- Universal Drive Adapter
- MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Hard Drive Bracket
Remove the following 10 screws securing the lower case to the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody:
Seven 3 mm Phillips screws.
Three 13.5 mm Phillips screws.
Slightly lift the lower case and push it toward the rear of the computer to free the mounting tabs.
Use the flat end of a spudger to lift the battery connector up out of its socket on the logic board.
Remove two Phillips screws securing the hard drive bracket to the upper case.
Lift the hard drive by its pull tab and pull it out of the chassis, minding the cable attaching it to the computer.
Remove the hard drive cable by pulling its connector straight away from the hard drive.