These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you’re having any issues with your Xioami Mi A2 visit the device’s, Troubleshooting Page.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 smartphone was launched in July 2018, as Google’s Android-One Project. The phone comes with a 5.99-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 2160 pixels. The screen is coated with Gorilla Glass 5 for better scratch resistance and shock absorption, and another coating to help manage your finger grease.
The Mi A2 is powered by 1.8GHz octa-core processor and it comes with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal storage that can be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Xiaomi Mi A2 packs a 20-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 20-megapixel front shooter for selfies.
The phone runs Android 8.1 Oreo and is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery. It measures 158.70 x 75.40 x 7.30 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 168.00 grams.
The Mi A2 is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB OTG, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include compass/magnetometer, proximity sensor, accelerometer, ambient light sensor and gyroscope.
- Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- 2G Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 / - SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - Global
- 4G Bands: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 38(2600), 40(2300) - Global
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (3CA) Cat12 600/150 Mbps
- Announced: 2018, July
- Status: Available. Released 2018, July
- Dimensions: 158.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm (6.25 x 2.97 x 0.29in)
- Weight: 166g (5.86oz)
- Build: Front Glass, aluminum body
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.99 inches, 92.6 cm2 (~77.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie); Android One
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 4GB RAM 64GB ROM
- Dual: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.9", 1.25µm
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@120fps
- Single: 20 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.8", 1.0µm
- Features: LED flash, Auto-HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Infrared port: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Charging: Non-removable Li-Po 3000 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging 18W (Quick Charge 3)