AMOLED Screen & Digitizer
How to solve my mi 8 black screen out issue?
No GPS after screen replacement
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Xiaomi Mi 8 Android smartphone was produced by Xiaomi, Inc. and launched in June 2018. This flagship phone is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi 6 in the Mi series (skipping 7) in celebration of Xiaomi’s eighth anniversary as a company. The Mi 8 was available in black, blue, white, and gold bodies.
The Mi 8 includes 6 GB or 8 GB of RAM and either 64 GB, 128 GB, or 256 GB of internal storage. It also contains a non-removable 3400 mAh battery with 18 Watt fast-charging capabilities. A “non-removable” battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement moderately difficult. The Mi 8 features dual 12-megapixel rear cameras that include 2x optical zoom, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, and dual-LED flash. It does not include a 3.5 mm headphone jack but supports a USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone jack adapter. The Mi 8 also features infrared facial recognition, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, and compass sensors. The Mi 6’s fingerprint sensor is front-mounted and the phone does not include facial recognition.
The Mi 8 includes an aluminum frame and a glass front and back while the Mi 6, the Mi 8’s predecessor, has a stainless steel frame and a water-repellent coating. The Mi 9, the 8’s successor, includes an optical fingerprint sensor under the phone’s display. The Mi 9 also has a slightly smaller battery at 3300 mAh but sports 27 Watt fast-charging capabilities and wireless charging.
Xiaomi Mi smartphones can be identified by a stylized “Mi” in the lower-center of the phone’s back and include the name of the manufacturer, “Xiaomi Communications Co., Ltd.” underneath.
Release date: June 2018
- Dimensions and Weight: 154.9 mm × 74.8 mm × 7.6 mm, 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Weight: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), aluminum frame (7000 series)
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.21 inches, 97.1 cm2 (~83.8% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 × 2248 pixel resolution at ~402 ppi
- HDR 10
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Operating System: Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (10 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (4x2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Card slot: No
- Internal: 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM
- UFS 2.1
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, 4-axis OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 56mm (telephoto), 1/3.4", 1.0µm, AF, 2x optical zoom
- Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240fps, 720p@960fps
- Single: 20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3", 0.9µm
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensors: Infrared face recognition, fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery
- Fast charging 18W
- Quick Charge 4+
- Colors: Black, Blue, White, Gold
- SAR: 0.70 W/kg (head) 1.66 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 1.01 W/kg (head) 1.32 W/kg (body)