How to Install Ubuntu Linux
1 In Progress Guide
There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
Background and Identification ¶
System Requirements ¶
Ask Ubuntu ¶
Note: The higher then usual requirements for Ubuntu make this distro a poor choice for low end and legacy hardware. This distro should only be used on systems that are no older then 5 years old.
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: Dual Core processor
- Hard Drive: 10GB
- Graphics: OpenGL 1.4 support; AMD/nVidia GPUs released within the past 5 years.
Ubuntu website ¶
- 2 GHz dual core processor or better
- 2 GB system memory
- 25 GB of free hard drive space
- Either a DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media
- Internet access is helpful