These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Sony Xperia XA1 is an Android smartphone manufactured by Sony Mobile. As part of the Sony Xperia series, it was released alongside the Sony Xperia XZ Premium, Sony Sony Xperia XZs and the Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra at the annual Mobile World Congress in February 2017. The XA1 was preceded by the Xperia XA and succeeded by the Xperia XA2.
Advertised with the slogan, “Perfect pictures with 23 megapixels”, the XA1 features a 23MP 1/2.3-inch Exmor RS rear camera with 24mm wide-angle F2.0 lens. Its features include hybrid autofocus and SteadyShot. The front camera includes an 8MP 1/4-inch Exmor R sensor with wide angle 23mm F2.0 lens.
As a smaller phone, out of Sony’s mid-range phones in 2017, the XA1 has a 5-inch 720p curved glass display. It’s powered by the MediaTek Helio P20 MT6757 chipset, 3GB RAM and comes with 32GB eMMC internal storage. More noteworthy features include a 2300mAh battery, USB Type-C, microSD memory card support, Quick Charging (MediaTek PumpExpress 2.0), NFC, and Bluetooth 4.2.
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6757 (Helio P20)
- CPU: Octa-core 64-bit (4x Cortex A53 2.3Ghz-4x Cortex A53 1.6Ghz)
- GPU: Mali T880 MP2
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB, up to 256GB microSDXC
- Battery: non-user removable Li-ion 2300 mAh
- Front camera:
- 8 MP 1/4'' Exmor RS for mobile camera sensor
- 23mm Wide Angle Lens and f/2.0 aperture
- Rear camera:
- 23 MP , 1/2.3'' memory-stacked IMX-300 image sensor
- Exmor RS for mobile (1.12μm)
- LED flash, Hybrid Autofocus, Quick Launch & Capture
- 5x Clear Image Zoom
- 24mm Wide Angle Lens, f/2.0
- Full HD 1080p@30fps video recording, SteadyShot
- Bluetooth 4.2
- USB 2.0 (Type-C port, USB charging, Quick Charge Pump Express Plus 2.0)
- 3.50 mm (0.138 in) headphone jack
- Single SIM: G3121, G3125, G3123
- Dual SIM: G3112, G3116