How to do hard reset in my xperia z1
I dropped my Sony Xperia Z1 in water What should I do?
Urgent! The device failed to update and it's not charging
Why is my xperia z1 had a network problem?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For more information regarding common troubleshooting issues, check out Sony Xperia Z1 Troubleshooting
Background and Identification
The Sony Xperia Z1 Android smartphone was released in September 2013 by Sony Electronics. The Z1 was released in white, black, and purple bodies. The Z1 is the successor of the Xperia Z and the predecessor of the Z2.
Like the Z, the Xperia Z1 is dustproof and waterproof, with an IP rating of 58. An IP58 rating means the device is protected from the ingress of dust and is also suitable for continuous immersion in water deeper than one meter.
The Z and Z1 share the same screen size at 5.0 inches exactly, but the Z1 is slightly thicker (8.5mm) and heavier (169g) than the Z. The Z1 also features shatterproof glass. The Z1 includes 16 GB of internal storage and 2 GB of RAM with a dedicated microSDXC slot. It also features a 20.7-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel selfie camera. The Z1’s cameras have several features, including sweep panorama, timelapse, background defocus, and ‘Info-eye,’ which gives information about objects captured by the Z1’s camera. The Z1 includes a non-removable 3000 mAh battery. (A non-removable battery is one whose adhesive is permanent, making repair and replacement difficult.)
TechRadar’s review found that the Z1 has good battery life and is in fact waterproof, but was disappointed in the cameras’ indoor photo quality and erratic screen technology.
The Z1’s exterior design consists of an aluminum band running around the edge of the device with reflective glass surfaces enclosing the front and back of the phone. The Sony Xperia Z1 can be identified by its circular side power button, left side-mounted charging port, and the name “Sony” in capital letters on the top and back of the phone.
Models: C6903, C6902, C6906, SO-01F, SOL23
Release date: September 2013
- Dimensions and Weight: 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm (5.67 x 2.91 x 0.33 in), 170 g (6.00 oz)
- Build: Glass front, glass back, aluminum frame
- SIM: Micro-SIM
- IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Type: TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 5.0 inches, 68.9 cm2 (~64.7% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~441 ppi density)
- Protection: Shatterproof glass
- Triluminos display
- X-Reality Engine
- OS: Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to 5.1 (Lollipop)
- Chipset: Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 (28 nm)
- CPU: Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Card slot: microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Internal: 16GB 2GB RAM
- eMMC 4.5
- Single: 20.7 MP, f/2.0, 27mm (wide), 1/2.3", AF
- Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Video: 1080p@30fps, HDR
- Single: 2 MP
- Video: 1080p@30fps
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5 mm jack: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 4.0, A2DP, aptX
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: Stereo FM radio, RDS
- USB: microUSB 2.0 (MHL TV-out), USB On-The-Go; magnetic connector
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Stand-by: Up to 880 h (2G) / Up to 850 h (3G)
- Talk time: Up to 13 h 50 min (2G) / Up to 15 h (3G)
- Music play: Up to 110 h
- Colors: Black, White, Purple
- SAR: 0.75 W/kg (head) 1.15 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 0.77 W/kg (head)