Sony Xperia XA2 Teardown
Background and Identification
The Sony Xperia XA2 is an Android smartphone manufactured by Sony Mobile and succeeds the Xperia XA1. Released in 2018, the XA2 is part of the Sony Xperia X series, Sony’s line of flagship smartphones and was announced alongside the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra and the Sony Xperia L2. Among these smartphones, the XA2 is the mid-range budget phone, while the XA2 Ultra is high-end.
The XA2 now runs with Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 chipset, unlike the MediaTek Helio P20 MT6757 in previous models. There has also been a major improvement in battery capacity from 2300mAh in the XA1 to 3300 mAh in the XA2. Designed with a 5.2-inch 1080p screen, the XA2 has an edge-to-edge screen and an aluminum frame. The back is equipped with a fingerprint scanner and a 23MP f/2.0 rear camera with 4K video recording capability. The front camera is 8MP f/2.4.
The Xperia 10 succeeded the XA2.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 630
- CPU: Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 508
- Storage: 32 GB, microSDXC
- Display: 5.2” (13.21 cm), 1080p, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- RAM: 3 GB
- Battery; 3300 mAh
- Rear Camera: 23 MP f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1/2.3", PDAF
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/2.4, 1/4"
- OS: Android v8.0 (Oreo)
- Weight: 171 g (6.03 oz)
- Features: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Colors: Silver, Black, Blue, Pink
- Models: H3113, H3123, H3133, H4113, H4133