If you are experiencing any operating issues with your Sony Xperia Sola, check out our Sony Xperia Sola Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
Released in May of 2012, the Xperia Sola is an Android smartphone that runs on the Gingerbread Operating System, although it is able to be upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich if the user wants to do so.
Although the phone has received mixed to positive reviews from critics it has only been released in a few select markets, therefore it may be hard to come by. The main critiques of the device was the average battery life and the lack of a front facing camera, as compared to many other phones released around the time of this device.
Technical Specifications ¶
Size and Weight ¶
- Dimensions: 116 x 59 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 107 g (3.77 oz)
- Internal: 8 GB (5 GB available to user(
- Internal: 512 MB Ram
- Memory Card: microSD, holds up to 32 GB
Wireless and Data ¶
- 2G and 3G compatible
- WLAN: Wi-FI 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Hotspot
- 5 MP, LED flash
- Face/Smile detection, touch focus
Operating System ¶
- Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread), upgradable to v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Stand-by: up to 470 hrs (2G) / Up to 475 hrs (3G)
- Talk Time: up to 6 hrs (2G) / Up to 5 hrs (3G)
- Music play: up to 40 hrs