Disassemble Proctor Silex® 2-Slice Extra Wide Slot Toaster Body
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Parts and Features
1. Food Slots with Guides
2. Bread Lifter - Push down the Bread Lifter to start the toaster. The Bread Lifter may be lifted up at any time to stop toasting.
3. Shade Selector - The Shade Selector ranges from light toast to dark toast. NOTE: Please adjust to desired settings before first use.
4. Swing Open Crumb Tray
5. Cool Wall Sides - Vertical surfaces won't burn hands if touched accidentally.
How to Toast
1. Plug toaster into electrical outlet.
2. Place bread in slots. Select toast shade and press down the Bread Lifter.
3. At the end of the toasting cycle, the bread will pop up automatically. To stop the toasting cycle sooner, lift up on
NOTE: If the toaster is used daily, the crumb tray should be cleaned weekly.
1. Unplug toaster and let cool.
2. Place the toaster on its side, as shown. Open the Crumb Tray and wipe off with clean cloth, then close.
3. Wipe outside of toaster with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers that may scratch the surface of the toaster.
Regular Bread = Med. Light to Med. Dark
English Muffins = Medium Dark
Bagels = Medium to Dark
Frozen Waffles or Pastries = Med. Light to Medium