These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
If you're having trouble operating your Palm IIIx visit our Troubleshooting Guide.
Identification and Background
To determine which of the Palm III devices you have look in the upper left hand corner of the device. The Palm IIIx says Palm IIIx to differentiate it from the Palm IIIe, Palm IIIxe, and Palm IIIc which are all from the Palm III family. The Palm IIIx ships with the Palm 3.1 operating system and has an upgradeable Flash ROM. The Palm IIIe also ships with 0S 3.1 but does not have an upgradeable ROM. The Palm IIIx features the inverse back lighting system. The letters light up while the screen stays dark, instead of the other way around.
- Operating System: Palm OS
- Installed Memory: 4 MB
- Family Line: Palm III
- Processor Type: Motorola Dragonball EZ
- Processor Speed: 16 MHz
- Input Method: Touch Screen • Handwrite Recognition
- Interface Type: Infrared • Serial
- Security Features: Security Password • Keyboard Lock
- Screen Resolution: 160 x 160
- Wireless Capabilities: Infrared irDA
- Battery Type: 2 x AAA Batteries
- Battery Life: 2016 Hours
- Height: 11.9 cm
- Width: 8.1 cm
- Depth: 1.8 cm
- Weight: 170.1 g
- Included Accessories: Flip cover • Stylus Pen