These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Motorola Moto Z3 was released in August of 2018, exclusively for Verizon in the United States. As part of the Moto Z line, this phone uses ‘Moto Mods’, a series of case accessories that are magnetically attached to the phone to add different functionalities such as battery packs for extended life and improved speakers. Notably, it is the first Verizon-carrier phone to offer 5G service through a 5G Moto Mod.
The phone was praised for its relatively low price, especially since it offers 5G capabilities. However, compared to the previous model, the Moto Z3 lacks a headphone jack and the inner components are a slight improvement overall.
If you want to diagnose whether your problem is software or hardware related—including backing up and restoring your device—download the Rescue and Smart Assistant app.
- Dimensions: 76.5 x 156.5 x 6.75 mm
- Weight: 156 g
- Body: Glass rear, 2.5D glass front, 6000 series polished aluminum frame
- Display type: Super AMOLED
- Resolution: Full HD+, 2160 x 1080p
- Model number: XT1929-17
- OS: Android™ 8.1, Oreo™
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835
- CPU: 2.35GHz octa-core
- Internal storage: 64 GB, 4GB RAM (expandable to 2TB microSD)
- Sensors: Fingerprint reader, accelerometer, gyroscope, ambient light, proximity, magnetometer (compass), ultrasonic
- Battery: 3000 mAh non-removable Li-Ion
- Charger: 15W TurboPower™ charger included, USB-C connector. Wireless charging available with Moto Mod
- Ports: USB-C
- Hardware: 12 MP, f2.0, 1.25um + 12 MP monochrome, Laser Autofocus (pDAF), Color Correlated Temperature (CCT) dual LED flash, Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL)
- Video: Up to 4K Ultra HD (30 fps), Timelapse video, Slow motion video, Video face filters
- Hardware: 8 MP, f2.0, 1.12um, wide-angle 84° lens, screen flash
- Video: Up to 1080p (30 fps), Timelapse video, Slow motion video, Video face filters