Support QuestionsAsk a Question
There are no questions. Be the first to ask a question!
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Click here to troubleshoot problems for the Motorola Moto E6 Play.
Background and Identification
As the sixth generation of Moto E phones, the Motorola Moto E6 Play replaced the Moto E5 Play with improvements in storage, display, and rear camera resolution. This smartphone unlocks with a fingerprint reader and facial recognition. However, consumers have reported delays with the fingerprint sensor when unlocking the phone. Other notable features of this smartphone include: a removable 3000 mAh battery, 5.5 inches of display, 32 GB of storage, a 13 MP fast focus rear camera and a 5 MP selfie camera. The Moto E6 Play was advertised as a budget alternative to more expensive Motorola phones, with a starting price of $150 or $17 per month until the phone has been paid off. Consumers have praised the Moto E6’s value relative to its price, but were disappointed with the chipset’s lack of 5GHz WiFi, especially in a late 2019 phone.
The Moto E6 play is one of the E-series Motorola smartphones. The rest of the product line includes the Moto E6 and the Moto E6 Plus. The E6 Plus has an upgraded screen, storage capacity, and camera. While the E6 Play dominates the line with processing power, the Moto E6 and E6 Play sport the same physical design, with the only main differences in the amount of RAM and processor sizes in the upgraded E6 Play model. The Moto E6 Play is the most recent rendition of this product line, so it is not surpassed by any other models. The E6 Play is available in either blue or black backing with a black front screen covering.
- Operating System: Android™ 9 Pie
- Internal Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 256 GB microSD card**
- Processor: MediaTek MT6739, quad-core, 1.5 GHz
- Fingerprint reader
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient Light sensor
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Battery Life: 3000 mAh, non-removable
- Charger Type: 5W/10W charger (5W charging capable)
- Display Size: 5.5” HD+ (1440 x 720), Max Vision display (18:9), 295 ppi, IPS LCD
- Dimensions: 146.5 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm
- Ports: Micro-USB port, USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Weight: 140g
- Water Protection: No
- Colours: Ocean Blue, Steel Black
- Rear Camera Hardware: 13MP, ƒ/2.2, 1.12 µm pixels, LED flash, PDAF (phase detection autofocus)
- Rear Camera Video Capture: MPEG-4/H.263/H.264
- Front Camera Hardware: 5MP, f2.2, 1.12 um pixels
- FM Radio: Yes (internal, use earphone)
- Speakers: 2-in-1 front-ported speaker
- Microphones: 1 Mic
- Networks + Bands:
- 2G: GSM band 2/3/5/8
- 3G: WCDMA band 1/2/5/8
- 4G: FDD LTE band 1/3/5/7/8/20 TDD LTE band 38/40/41
- SIM Card: Nano SIM
- Bluetooth® Technology: Bluetooth® 4.2
- Location Services: GPS, AGPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4 GHz, Wi-Fi hotspot
- NFC: No
*Please note that the E6 Plus and the E6 Play are not exactly the same phone. However, they are very similar, and the review may still be useful to users of the Play phone.