In Progress Guides
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background Information ¶
Released February 12th, 2012, the appropriately named Droid 4 is the fourth member of Motorola's Droid family to feature the slide-out keyboard. Although it is, by name, the successor of the Droid 3, it is more closely related to the Droid RAZR, with the obvious difference being the physical keyboard. The Droid 4 has the same processor and form factor and as the RAZR (rounded edges, reflective bezel), it features significant upgrades over its keyboard-wielding ancestors, most importantly 4G LTE connectivity and a edge light on the keyboard.
If you encounter any additional problems with the Droid 4, refer to the Motorola Droid 4 Troubleshooting Guide.
Device Specifications ¶
- 4G LTE capability
- Dual core 1.2 GHz processor
- 1 GB DDR2 RAM
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread
- 1785 mAh battery
- 1.3 MP 720p HD front-facing camera
- 8 MP Camera with 1080p video capture
- 5-row laser-cut physical QWERTY keyboard with edge lighting
- 4.0" qHD display with Corning Gorilla Glass
- Water-resistant nano-coating