These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Having problems? Visit this link to see this device’s troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
The MSI GP62MVR 6RF Leopard Pro was created as a 2016 update to one of many of MSI’s series of gaming laptops, the Leopard series. The Leopard series of laptops is distinguished by its red and black chassis, its corner hinge, and its medium weight and build compared to the other mainline MSI gaming laptops. The Leopard series of laptops has since been updated and now features indentations on the front cover instead of a flush design.
Its build allows for easy modifications to different components such as RAM or SSD expansion. These components are not difficult to find if the user knows roughly what to look for.
Some common issues include overheating or high CPU usage. When the CPU runs high, the left laptop fan gets much louder than the right side. The performance settings and fan speed can be adjusted in the Dragon Gaming Center.
- Display: 15.6” 1920x1080 pixels
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home
- Memory: 8 GB (upgradeable up to 32 GB)
- Storage: 1 TB HDD (with open SSD M.2 slot)
- Processor: 2.6 GHz Intel i7 6700 6th Generation
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1060 with 3 GB GDDR5 memory
- Battery: 6-cell 180 Watt with AC adapter and charger
- Features: VR capable, 720p 30 fps Webcam, HDMI, Backlit Keyboard, Bluetooth
Source: MSI GP62MVR 6RF Specifcations