SIM slot / SIM card reader
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Released in 2014, the HTC Desire is a mid-range Android smartphone designed and manufactured by HTC, a Taiwanese consumer electronics company. It is an upgrade to the popular Desire 816 from 2013. The Desire 820 features an overall improved design with a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor and a better front camera. The display is 5.5 inches with a 1280 x 720 resolution. The 816’s scratch resistance glass panel has been upgraded to Corning Gorilla Glass III in the 820. Moreover, the 820 supports full HD video recording and playback.
The 820 has a unibody plastic shell, rounded corners and front dual stereo speakers, similar to the 816. However, the 820 sports new dual-tone colors—creating accents around the front panel, volume buttons, and power keys. There are no physical keys on the front of the phone. The only buttons are the power button/screen lock and volume buttons which are on the right side of the phone.
- Display: 5.5 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, 1GHz octa-core
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 12-megapixel, LED flash
- Front camera: 8-megapixel
- Battery Capacity: 2600 mAh
- Operating System: Android 4.4.4, interfaced with HTC Sense 6.0
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, 3.5 mm Headphone jack, Dual-sim
- Dimensions: 157.70 mm x 78.74 mm x 7.74 mm
- Weight: 155.0 g
- Colors: Marble White, Tuxedo Grey, Santorini White, Milky-way Grey, Tangerine White, Saffron Grey, Flamingo Grey, Blue Misty, Monarch Orange