These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
To see a list of common problems and the first steps to fix your device please go to the troubleshooting page.
Identification and Background ¶
The 4100 was one of the first iPAQs to offer WiFi and bluetooth capabilities and runs off of a windows based platform. The system came reloaded with a long list of software, some of the biggest name to include outlook, windows media player, solitaire and pocket word.
Some of the physical attributes are listed below:
- C1 400 MHz Intel XScale Processor
- 32MB of Flash ROM and 64MB SDRAM
- Removable SD card for extra memory
- 2.26in x 3.02in TFT LCD with 64K color
- IR communication, Bluetooth 1.1, 802.11b Wifi
- mic and integrated speaker*3.5mm headphone jack
To find the model number for your iPAQ simply remove the back cover and battery and the model number is printed on the lower left hand side of the label.