Background and Identification
HP ProBooks are a series of laptop computers for business-class users. They are fairly high end, but not as expensive as the HP EliteBook series. The HP ProBook 440 G7 is part of the G series, which began with the G0 line in 2013 and continued up to the G7 line in 2020. You can find the exact model and product number by using this HP support page, which has information on where identifying numbers can be found and what they mean.
The ProBook 440 G7 is a 14 inch laptop, which makes it fairly portable, although it is still large enough to be considered a full size laptop. It is a refresh of the previous model (the ProBook 440 G6), and has similar specifications and design to the previous model, although it has a better processor. The G7 received a positive rating from Laptop Media, who said “HP has produced a more than a decent business machine. Despite the continuity in terms of design and overall build, the ProBook 440 G7 offers a slightly better battery life.” Their main complaint was that it changed very little from the previous model.
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Internal Storage: 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
- Optical Drive: Not included
- Integrated Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Processor: 10th Generation Intel Core i7/i5/i3 processors
- Memory: 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
- Storage: 512 GB SSD storage
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 32.42 x 23.77 x 1.8 cm
- Display Size: 35.6 cm (14") diagonal
- Display Type: FHD, IPS, anti-glare, 250 nits, 45% NTSC
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Battery: 3-cell Li-ion (45 Wh)